The popular South Korean electronics major Samsung has very recently launched the new entrant in its Galaxy M-Series to compete with the likes of Xiaomi in the lower and middle segment. After recently upgrading the M31 phone with the 8 GB variant, it has launched Samsung Galaxy M21 smartphone for the masses, just like Xiaomi did with its Note series. In India, Samsung Galaxy M21 phone is available in two variants – 4GB/ 64GB priced for INR 13,999 and 6GB/ 128GB priced for INR 15,999
The middle and lower segment comprises of the bulk of total market share and that’s why even OnePlus is expected to be launching a phone to cater to the needs of the lower mid-segment population since OnePlus is currently the king of upper mid-segment phones. A successor to the Galaxy M20, the Samsung Galaxy M21 Android mobile phone has a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, a waterdrop notch, powerful 6,000mAh battery, Exynos 9611 processor, and triple camera setup.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Review: Features & Specifications
- The phone is powered by top of the line 2.3 GHz octa-core Exynos 9611 processor which packs enough punch for handling heavy graphics and gaming related tasks.
- This device comes with blazing fast 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM and 64/128 GB internal memory
- The memory can be expanded via external SD card in the dedicated Micro SD card slot up to 512 GB.
- The Galaxy M21’s 6.4-inches 2340 x 1080 (FHD+) resolution super-AMOLED screen, referred to by Samsung as Infinity-U Display
- It has 16M colours, face unlock and a fingerprint sensor on the rear side of the phone for added security.
- With the peak brightness of 420 nits, screen ratio greater than 91%, a contrast ratio of 78960:1, the display is surely one of the best in this price range.
- The only negative point is the use of age-old technology i.e Gorilla Glass 3, but again, that is expected at this pricing point.
- A 20 MP selfie camera with F2.2 aperture and no optical image stabilization, no flash and no autofocus.
- The rear camera is a triple-camera system with 48 MP (F2.0) main camera, 8MP (F2.2) ultra-wide camera, 5MP(F2.2) depth camera.
- The ultra-wide lens enables the pictures to be shot with more frame width (123°).
- Autofocus and rear camera flash with up to 4X digital zoom are supported in the rear camera system but optical image stabilization feature is missing.
- The video recording resolution supported is up to UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps and slow-motion recording at 240fps @HD is also supported.
- The phone supports 4G/ 3G/ 2G networks, WiFi, Bluetooth v5.0 technology.
- The device has two Nano-SIM slots and a dedicated slot for MicroSD card (Up to 512GB).
- It has a USB Type-C interface and WiFi Direct is supported but NFC is not supported.
- Weighing 188 gms, this phone comes in two colours namely blue and black.
- This phone also has a monster 6000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
- Widevine L1 Certification and 3.5 mm audio jack is included which is used for listening to music and watching videos on this device.
- Face unlock technology, fingerprint scanner and One UI 2.0 launcher based on the latest Android 10 is also present in this device.
What’s in the box:
- Travel adapter
- USB cable
- Ejection pin
- User manual
For the latest trending now stories and online reviews on Samsung mobile phones, electronics, Android phones, Software & Version updates, Operating Systems, best budget phones, and mobile accessories, Don’t Miss to read Insight Glimpse.72