Drinking a glass full of buttermilk (Chaach) everyday and keep the health problems at bay. Buttermilk which is made of the butter mixing process, is the most commonly found item in the Indian households.
Buttermilk has a tart flavor and is a powerhouse of many essential nutrients — including essential minerals, calcium and vitamins which are very essential for an active and healthy lifestyle. It acts as an effective cooling agent in certain gastrointestinal disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that causes severe pain, fatigue, diarrhea, and weight loss).
A glass of buttermilk prevents yeast infections, helps fight harmful pathogens and bacteria, eases constipation, cools down body temperature and the list of its potential health benefits (that you definitely didn’t know) is quite long.
Here Are Some Miraculous Health Benefits of Drinking Buttermilk Everyday
- Buttermilk is a boon for weight loss. It helps in shedding those extra weight while keeping your energy levels high. Buttermilk load up your body with amazing nutrients and enzymes without adding the unwanted calories and fat.
- Probiotic microbes present in buttermilk help in improving digestion and prevent growth of bacteria which are very much responsible for stomach infections. Buttermilk also prevents belching and boost the immune system while keeping cholesterol level low.
- Drinking a glass full of buttermilk in the morning helps in flushing out bad cholesterol and fat from your body.
- The MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane), a type of bioactive protein is found in chaach which fight against cholesterol and reduces the high blood pressure.
- When chaach is loaded with spices like cumin powder, pepper, ginger, green chillies, crushed curry leaves and fine chopped coriander leaves, the drink’s therapeutic benefits increases.
- It acts as an excellent digestive agent to soothe the stomach irritated due to spicy foods or heavy meals.
- This refreshing drink is loaded with magical milk proteins and lactic acid which help to rejuvenate dead skin cells, brighten skin tone and gives a smooth texture to your skin.
- A great source of vitamins like vitamin B complex, proteins and potassium.
- Calcium present in chaach strengthens body’s Skeletal frame, bone tissues, bone density and teeth while providing the essential nourishment to the tissues of the heart, nerves and muscles.
Potential Health Benefits of Buttermilk For Skin
- An excellent natural cleanser for skin. Make a fine mix of two spoonfuls of buttermilk, one spoonful of rose water and one spoonful of almond oil. Apply the mix gently on your face using a clean cotton pad. Rubbing it on your face will clean all the dirt and grime.
- Buttermilk is your one-stop solution to solve all your skin woes like blemishes and discolouration. It contains alpha hydroxy acid and lactic acid which perfectly exfoliates and lightens skin colour.
- Blend together buttermilk and tomatoes to make a fine paste. Apply this magical paste to your skin to leverage the benefits of Buttermilk’s moisturizing properties and lactic acid content that help in removing stubborn suntan while increasing the skin healing process.
- Buttermilk is blessed with excellent astringent properties that deeply nourish, cleanse and moisturize your skin making it healthy and tighter.
Incredible Benefits of Buttermilk for Hair For Hair
- Blend together banana and a cup of buttermilk and apply the paste in your hair and keep it for half an hour to make your hair soft. This buttermilk hair mask is an awesome remedy for those struggling with frizzy hair.
- Various awesome vital nutrients are present in a glass full of buttermilk which nourish your hair strands, encourages hair growth and helps in preventing dandruff and dryness.
TAGS: buttermilk, health benefits of buttermilk, diet and fitness, nutritions, buttermilk benefits