Chinese giant Xiaomi has launched MI 10 in India which in every possible way is a significant upgrade over predecessors. The Xiaomi Mi 10 5G mobile phone has all the modern technology and specs which makes us say “It can’t get better than this”.
This 5G enabled (Wifi-6 equipped) Xiaomi smart phone comes with 6.67 inch AMOLED display with In-display fingerprint and face unlock, 90 Hz refresh rate and 108 MP quad camera setup is no joke to even begin with. Add to it Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with 7nm technology, LPDDR5 RAM + UFS 3.0 Storage, Liquid cooling technology with 6 Stack Graphite + Graphene Cooling System, 30W Wired and Wireless Charging + 10W Reverse Charging, Stereo Speakers, 8K Video Recording, 4780mAh Battery, MIUI 11 OS based on Android with Always On Display, and everybody’s wish list comes to a stop as we again quote “It can’t get better than this”.
The old 3.5 mm audio jack is missing, which means the USB type C port has to be used for either charging or listening to songs, videos etc.Weighing 208 gm, the phone is priced at 49,999 and 54,999 for 8GB+ 128GB and 8GB+ 256GB variants respectively and is offering INR 3,000 discount on HDFC cards at present. It comes in two colours, Coral Green and Twilight Grey.
Let’s look into Xiaomi Mi 10 5G features and specifications in more detail
- Known as the heart of any electronic device, the phone packs a beast in the form of processor known as Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with X55 modem.
- It is build on a 7nm manufacturing process and is a 5th generation AIE processor which means it has double the processing power of previous generation SD 855 processor.
- The device comes with upto 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM coupled with upto 256 GB UFS 3.0 Flash storage for superfast performance as the company claims it is 29℅ faster than the previous generation LPDDR4X, and UFS2.1.
- The phone has a top of the line curved screen which comes with 6.67″ AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Display with 2340 x 1080 FHD+ resolution, 90 Hz refresh rate and sampling rate of 180Hz.
- The device does have P3 Wide color gamut ( the latest color gamut), supports HDR 10+ display and a peak brightness of 1200 nits, high contrast of 5000000:1 (typ) is present along with an In-display fingerprint and face unlock.
- The phone boasts of a 108 MP AI enabled quad camera system for rear cameras, whereas a 20 MP front camera is present to take selfies.
- Rear Camera: Powered by the Qualcomm Spectra™ 480 ISP, AI optimizations and HEIF lossless compression technology, this phone utilizes the full potential of 108 MP Quad-camera system.
- 108MP primary lens with OIS: This monster lens does support 720p, 1080p, 4k and 8k video recording in addition to the brilliant photos it takes. The slow motion video can be recorded in 720p/ 1080p video resolutions.
- 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixels, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens
- Miscellaneous features pointed by the company which are present in the rear camera include Portrait mode background blurring, Panorama mode, Pro mode, Photo timer, Leveling, Burst mode, Face Recognition, HDR, AI Beautify, Custom watermark, Portrait mode background blur adjustment, Rear camera AI scene detection and AI high resolution photos.
- 13MP ultra wide-angle: up to 123° FoV, f/2.4 aperture
- 2MP depth sensor: f/2.4 aperture
- 2MP macro lens: f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: The 20 MP ultra clear front camera is present on the left top corner of the phone and has 720p/ 1080p resolution video recording capability. Some of the features of the front camera pointed by the company are Panorama selfie, Full screen camera frame, Palm shutter, Front camera HDR, Front camera flash(via display), Selfie timer, Eye light, AI Beautify, AI feature adjustment, AI makeup, AI portrait mode, AI scene detection and AI studio lighting.
- Of course, the phone supports wireless networks and VoLTE HD calling, also 5G / 4G+ / 4G / 3G/ 2G networks are supported in addition to NFC wireless connectivity technology.
- The phone only supports a single Nano SIM, and so the dual SIM users will be disappointed.
- The phone comes preloaded with MIUI 11 Operating system and also has Infrared blaster which can double up as a remote control for other devices such as TV, AC etc.
- Ready for 5G: Xiaomi’s advanced 5G MultiLink technology supports 2.4GHz WiFi + 5GHz WiFi + 4G/5G and also you can have simultaneous connections to 3 different networks.
- Wi-Fi 6: The phone supports new 5G Wi-Fi standard: Wi-Fi 6 means output of upto 9.6 GBPS is supported which is a whopping 270% over the previous generation (as claimed by the company).
Battery & Sound Performance:
- The phone has a mammoth 4780mAh battery, supports Quick Charge 4+, supports 30W wired + wireless fast charging, also the company claims that it can reach 100% charge in only 57 minutes.
- A 30 W charger is included in the box for charging the phone.
- Stereo Sound: Dual 1216 super-linear speakers, balanced stereo design, and a 7-magnet speaker design on a hardware level; stereo sound effects with 15 volume levels on software level ensures an amazing sound experience for an avid music lover.
- VC Liquid Cooling: All the high computation, gaming and work done on the phone might get it heated up, so to dissipate the heat quickly the company has gone ahead an extra mile and included 3000mm² Vapour chamber heat dissipation area coupled with 6-stack graphite layer and heat-transmitting gel.
- The 5G Xiaomi Mi 10 handset comes in different colors such as Ice Blue, Peach Gold, and Titanium Silver.
Mi 10 5G Phone Price and Best Deals
- Mi 10 5G price in India starts at Rs. 49,999 for the base 8GB RAM + 128GB storage configuration.
- The 256GB variant is priced at Rs. 54,999
- Launch offers on the Mi 10 5G include a cashback worth up to Rs. 3,000 on transactions made through HDFC Bank cards.
- The Xiaomi smartphone is available for pre-order, and the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G model will go on sale in India via Amazon.in
Xiaomi Mi 10 5G – What’s in the box:
- Xiaomi Mi 10
- Power adapter
- USB Type-C cable
- Type-C to audio adaptive cable
- Simple protective cover
- SIM eject tool
- User guide
- Warranty card
For the latest trending now stories and online reviews on Xiaomi mobile phones, electronics, Android phones, Foldable Phones Software & Version updates, Operating Systems, best budget phones, and mobile accessories, Don’t Miss to read Insight Glimpse.