The UPSC Civil Services Prelims in India is one of the most competitive nationwide examinations in India that not only provides lucrative recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, but it also allows the enthusiast aspirants to bring the disruptive change they want to see in the society and nation.
Conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year for recruitment of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and many other, this examination presents myriad challenges which are to be met by candidates with their great presence of independent critical thinking, analytical intelligence, vast subject knowledge and strict implementation to their preparation strategies during the prelims.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
Every year approximately 900,000 to 1,000,000 aspirants nationwide appear for the Civil Services Examination, but only a few are selected. Definitely, there is no easy way out to crack this most difficult competitive exam prelim which consists of two stages:
- Paper 1 for General Studies
- Paper 2 for CSAT Aptitude as a qualifying exam
A candidate must obtain a good percentile in Paper 1 for the merit benefits and 33% passing marks in Paper 2 to qualify prelims of highly acclaimed examination in India. Make your way to success by beginning your preparation at the right time and achieve your biggest goal.
The right time to start preparation for UPSC Civil Service Prelims Exams
Time is a precious asset for aspirants aiming for UPSC prelims exam. Effective time management is a stepping-stone towards your success that comes when you complete the syllabus on time and maintain regular revisions for perfection. Staying focused on effective time management and the study methodology during preparations will immediately bring many benefits to you.
Cracking the exams strictly demands a clear understanding of chapters and sections from a candidate:
- Conventional subjects like History, Polity, Geography, and General Science
- Contemporary topics from Indian Economy, Environment, and Ecology, General Awareness, Science and Technology
- Latest facts, current events, and figures of national and international interest
The course is quite vast. For complete coverage of all subjects, you’ve to begin now without any delay. Achieve your targets with your strong commitment and dedication towards regular extensive and intensive study, mock tests, solved papers, and a planned strategy to crack.
Start your preparations right now because there is a fundamental belief that you should always for the right things the first time and every time. Remember, your greatest weakness lies in procrastinating things. “Don’t wait for tomorrow or for that perfect moment to arrive. It may be one day too late. So, dream it, wish it and achieve it right now.”
How to crack UPSC Civil Services Prelims at first attempt
A lot of candidates while preparing for civil services competitive examination end up making few mistakes that sometimes result in serious repercussion. To ensure that your preparation for prelims goes smoothly, try to strictly follow the below-given winning tips:
- Tip 1: Divide and conquer is the best approach to ace the examinations. Kick off your preparation with the comprehensive exam syllabus into different sections keeping in mind your strengths and weaknesses. Cover the most important topics for getting through the exam at first.
- Tip 2: Selection of good study material is must-have. For Civil Services aspirants, starting their preparation without study material can be equated to the soldiers going in a battle without proper weapons. The right selection of study material, books, magazines, and a newspaper is very prerequisite to win.
- Tip 3: Mock tests and solved papers are your best companions to crack both preliminary as well as the main exam. These papers give you a quick idea about the competitive nature and latest question patterns of the examination.In your practice, you must include last year’s exam papers and mock tests which have ‘tough’ questions. Solving them will provide better clarity of topics and an instant boost in your confidence levels.
- Tip 4: Discuss. Discuss. Discuss. Having a discussion is the most important stepping-stone to conquer the UPSC exam on the first attempt. This will provide an edge over all your lingering doubts.
Let me leave you with a good thought:
We all know there is no shortcut for success in UPSC civil services preliminary exams. The only winning strategy is your consistency and a positive attitude all through the journey. With perseverance and patience, you have to channel all your energies towards your ultimate goal. Godspeed!
For the latest trending now stories on Education, Upskills, Gamification, Interactive Learning, Career Planning, Certification and Courses, Best Top Universities online reviews, Elearning, Watercooler, and Exam Preparation tips, Don’t Miss to read Insight Glimpse.23