Tech giant Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. has launched Quick Charge5, which is the world’s fastest commercial charging technology for Android devices, and charges the devices from 0% battery to 50% battery in just 5 minutes only. Qualcomm Quick Charge5 has made the 100W+ charging a truth now and uses Qualcomm Battery Saver and the new Qualcomm Smart Identification of Adapter Capabilities technology also.
Quick Charge is industry’s leading fast charging method and currently 1200+ mobile phones, accessories etc support this methodology. Qualcomm Quick Charge5 is already compatible with Quick Charge 2.0, 3.0, 4, 4+ and already launched phones and devices powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile platform.
As per the company,
- Quick Charge5 is 70% more efficient and runs 10 degrees Celsius cooler than its predecessor Quick Charge4
- Provides 10 times the power than Quick Charge1
- Charges 4 times faster than its predecessor
- QC5 is a safer technology too as it deploys 12 separate voltage, current and temperature protections.
- Quick Charge 5 incorporates Dual/Triple Charge technology, adaptive input voltage, INOV4, Qualcomm Battery Saver and the new Qualcomm Smart Identification of Adapter Capabilities technology which means more power efficiency and increased safety.
- For QC 5, Qualcomm has launched new power management ICs (PMIC), Qualcomm SMB1396 and Qualcomm SMB1398, to provide maximum efficiency above 98 percent.
- Quick Charge 5 is takes advantage of both USB-PD and Type-C technologies, taking care of future Android requirements. Its compatibility with USB Type-C allows it to be scalable and expand to more devices.
- Quick Charge 5 will make its appearance in devices in Q3 2020. Quick Charge 5 is supported on Snapdragon 865, 865 Plus, and high end Snapdragon mobile platforms.
“Quick Charge solutions are widely available in a variety of mobile devices. The latest generation of Qualcomm Quick Charge5 not only provides superior charging capabilities but helps intelligently extend a device’s battery life and reduce thermal output,” said Zhang Lei, Mi Phone vice president and hardware R&D general manager at Xiaomi.
For more interesting stories on Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 5G Processor, 5G Notebooks, Android Mobile Phones, Smart laptops and product reviews online, keep browsing Technology section on Insight Glimpse.