OnePlus has stated that starting today, it is rolling out OnePlus OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 devices. OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 will also be rolled for OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus Nord devices in due course of time, in addition to OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 8Pro and OnePlus 8 devices.
Of course, after OnePlus 8 series, OxygenOS 11 will be made available to OnePlus 7 series and somewhere early next year it will be made available to OnePlus 6 series. As usual, this OTA is incremental in nature. The OTA will be rolled out to a small population firstly, and then to broader public in a few days.
OxygenOS 11 brings with it a fresh new UI, brand new weather app, new Game Space with quick reply and mis touch prevention feature, much awaited and demanded Always On Display with Insight clock style design created jointly with Parsons School of Design, shortcut key for dark mode, group feature and 5 new themes in Zen mode, new story feature in Gallery, and much more.
Here’s the full changelog of OnePlus OxygenOS 11 update
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
For the latest trending now stories and online reviews on OnePlus mobile phones, electronics, Android phones, Software & Version updates, Operating Systems, best budget phones, and mobile accessories, Don’t Miss to read Insight Glimpse.