Custom Software Development made its way to the IT industry long back in 2001 as a paradigm shift. Since then, it has been looked by software development company as the most popular agile approach to leverage a whole new level of responsiveness along with enhanced adaptability and transparency to deliver awesome software faster while taking care of volatility and ultra-competitiveness.
According to a 2013 survey from VersionOne reporting, it has been observed that Ninety-four percent (94%) of all enterprises now rely on agile development when it comes to developing a robust software application. Flexibility to manage changing priorities, project visibility, accelerated product delivery, improved engineering discipline, product quality, reduced risks, quick software maintainability, better delivery predictability, and above all, user satisfaction metrics are some top key benefits that conclude agile development rocks.
Why Agile Development Gaining Momentum?
A custom software application can do wonders in a business whether big or small; and of course, there is a cost associated with it, albeit small as compared to the gains the business would achieve with the right deployment. The organizations commonly have two choices in determining the most suitable line of business applications to enhance their efficiency and productivity:
- They can get commercial pre-packaged solutions
- They can hire developers or a software development company to help them with custom software development
Buying a commercially available software is like a “one-size-fits-all” approach, so that the user has to acclimate oneself according to the software, and much time may be spent in training your workers with its features and some or much of the company’s resources are wasted in the process.
The aforementioned software cannot be tweaked under natural circumstances as and when required. But having said that, the employees might sometimes be more comfortable in working with the software which is generally available for all as a standard version, for example, Microsoft Office.
A custom application may require a considerable investment initially, but one is guaranteed to be satisfied in the long run if one goes ahead and invests both time and money on the same. Efficiency, with time, money and skills will follow soon after that. The workers and employees will find it very easy to just concentrate on their jobs instead of worrying about the complexities of the packaged software.
Packaged software in most cases is insufficient to meet the ever-growing custom business objectives of companies and it is essential to build custom software or app tailored to suit the demands of evolving business strategies and requirements.
What’s driving businesses concentration towards custom software development
In the past few years, most companies in the IT segment have grown more concentrated towards Agile Software Development with a vision to deliver tailor-made outcomes to their customers and of course, capture a greater market share. But what is driving companies concentration towards embracing custom software development as the latest trend?
Well, let’s delve deeper into the key reasons and benefits because of which companies are inclined more towards adapting this software development approach as a winning business strategy:
- Accelerates Efficiency: Enterprises that say yes to custom software products are able to perform different projects with maximum efficiency while incorporating various functionalities, addressing project complexities, and dynamic shift in consumer mindsets.
- Building a scalable future-proof software: Readily available software in the market can assist with the current industry needs, but in the future when industry requirements grow, it is hard to adapt accordingly. It is advised that instead create a custom software that is future-ready and built using multiple technologies to enhance the performance of the software. Moreover, it is a known fact that it is next to impossible to add or remove features in readily available software.
- Cost and Maintenance: Sometimes creating custom software is costly, but not always. There are several long-term advantages of investing in custom software than purchasing a readily available software if the company wants to acclimate complexity and scale at a later stage. Moreover, with custom software, the company should not worry about the additional licensing fees or implementation costs. The main benefit of custom software development is that numerous systems and methods come under a single platform. You retain focus in areas that need your urgent attention.
- Better User Experience: Nowadays, branding is what differentiates the company from its competitors. The outstanding benefit of software customization is that you can modify your software to extend your brand’s identity while you extend a fascinating user experience that encourages users to come back for more.
- Happy Team Brings Better Growth: Customization gives an alternative to reduce man-hours, automate repetitive tasks, and increase the efficiency of business procedures, leaving employees open to connect with clients and contribute to business development.
- Time Benefits: By employing an established software development company, the project can be done quickly. There is no need to worry about building an in-house team. Further, servicing client expectations can often leverage much more dedication from an outsourced company who values your custom.
- Delegation Benefits: For many company owners, employing a software development firm that specializes in the services they need allows them to work within their strengths and focus on the areas where their interest is essential.
- Budgeting Benefits: An in-house project can sometimes be difficult to accurately cost, but an experienced software development firm can precisely calculate the extent of work and the time required to complete the project. This allows company owners to budget consequently and keep the project within the pre-decided price.
The final Thoughts
Indeed, the custom software development for business is the game-changer, typically for all those organizations who crave to make value to their clientele in challenging times where everyone is demanding for the hyper-connectedness and breakthrough innovation for business transformation.