Men and women are different on so many levels — their brains wired differently, their hormones are different and their emotional needs are different. Even researchers claim that average personality differences between men and women are very large. Men are tagged with characteristics like emotional stability, dominance, rule-consciousness and vigilance whereas women are born with firmly entrenched characteristics like sensitivity, warmth and apprehension.
In this article, we have tried to pick the worst and best of both and presenting you with a good compilation of some really fascinating (yet obvious) differences that shows what things female of all ages are different from males. Scroll down to have a look.
– Packing! Packing! Packing!
- Women love to carry everything — a fancy pair of outfit for each day and just to be safe, a few extra pairs too along with lots of dresses, high heels, hair dryer, an extra pair of shoes, makeup, footwear, accessories, own hairdryer etc., because you never know, when you might need them, right? You’d be amazed at the ton of stuff you’ll find in her bag. Nobody can beat them in the art of stuffing the luggage wherever they find the extra space in the bags.
- Men keep only the essentials while travelling. Their golden rule takes only what they can fit in a carry-on. Three shirts, two t-shirts and three “jeans” make 9 outfits for them. Sometimes, boys don’t even pack a bag and they just layer up.
– Breakups: Male Versus Female
- Reality Post-Breakup Of female is quite interesting. They have higher levels of both physical and emotional pain after a breakup, but they recover more fully and come out emotionally stronger.
- After a few weeks, you’ll find them crying and truly grieving the loss. They never ever fully recover, but yes men simply move on after some time.
– Different Shades of Colours
- Females are far better when it comes to discriminating among different shades of colours.
- When going through colour shades, men are colour blind. They are less adept at distinguishing the shades of the colour spectrum, typically blues, greens, and yellows. A Pink is a Pink for a boy. But for a girl, pink is broadly categorised as Salmon Pink, old rose pink, carnation pink, Hot Pink, Magento Pink.
– Male Versus Female Brains
- Women tend to communicate more effectively in comparison to men. They believe in talking through issues, utilise non-verbal cues such as tone, emotion, and empathy. The female brain is geared slightly more toward language. Women tend to hold onto many things and think the others must change respectively for them to be happy.
- Men have bigger brains — which doesn’t mean they’re smarter. They have a more difficult time understanding emotions and have a “fight or flight” response to stressful situations. Perceptions of men are more warped. They’re more emotionally primitive and don’t always open to discuss feelings.
– “Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall…”
Do you know: men look in the mirror and take 23 glances to admire themselves per day? Yes, males generally spend a lot of time looking in the mirror per day ensuring they’re well groomed. In contrast, women gaze 16 times per day in the mirror and they critique body parts and feel self-conscious every time they look at their reflection. “I look pretty good”, “I’m overweight”, “Pretty in general”, “I’m soo fat”, “I must go on an Intermittent Fasting” – these are some random thoughts come into ladies minds when looking in a mirror.
More Fascinating Differences
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
“Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus” – emotions, thinking and expressions of men and women are different from each other. If you want to bridge the gap then “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: Get Seriously Involved With The Classic Guide To Surviving The Opposite Sex” written by John Gray is surely your next read. The book explains the reactions of women when she is in a problem and on the other hand, how or why men suppress their emotions.
This book has become an international phenomenon and is one of the most famous non-fiction publications of all time. A lively and accessible guide to successful communication between the sexes that has already helped millions of readers from across the globe understand why members of the opposite sex behave the way they do, this new edition includes:
- What makes members of the opposite sex tick?
- How to understand their verbal and non-verbal language?
- How to motivate the opposite sex and get what you want?
- How to avoid arguments and promote fruitful communication?
- How to score points with the opposite sex and impress your partner?
- The real emotional needs of the opposite sex and the behaviours associated with these needs
- How to keep love alive and stay together long term?
“Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: Get Seriously Involved With The Classic Guide To Surviving The Opposite Sex” is an awesome read by John Gray – an American relationship counsellor, lecturer and author. His book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus is one of the best selling’s. He has written 17 books on relationships and personal growth. His most recent book is Venus on Fire, Mars on Ice, an exploration of relationships and the role of food and nutrition in sustaining a healthy romantic partner.