Nowadays, a large number of aspirants are interested in attending the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification programme to pursue a bright career in the field of Quality Management. Lean Six Sigma has gained huge popularity amongst the students after the Six Sigma procedures are accepted across the world to ensure high-quality management at multiple stages in many organizations.
Most Common Queries of Six Sigma Aspirants
Pursuing a professional certification programme in Lean Six Sigma is India’s one of the most recommended career option in today’s time. Every aspirant who is preparing for this course has a set of doubts and questions in his mind – the Why’s, What’s, How’s, and When’s about Six Sigma.
Let’s check out a few most questions that every Lean Six Sigma aspirant would like to ask:
1. Is it a good idea to pursue Six Sigma?
Of course, it is the most promising career option. It helps to gain technical expertise in different techniques and tools that are used to apply Six Sigma methodology in order to improve the capability and reduce the defects in any kind of existing process.
2. Is Six Sigma accepted by the corporate world?
Presently, a huge number of organizations rely on Six Sigma for quality management and measure variances in the process. It can be referred to as 3.4 defects per million opportunities, which is near zero defect.
The right implementation of Six Sigma approaches helps in reduction in process variation, minimize rejections, optimize the existing processes by the elimination of the defunct procedures, productivity improvement and reduction of customer-related complaints. It is a very important process that promotes continuous operational improvement in the quality of products and services.
3. What are the different levels of Six Sigma?
There are numerous levels of Six Sigma certification which can be broadly classified as under:
- White Belt training is provided at the operator level. White belts can be involved in local problem-solving teams on the shop floor.
- Yellow Belts training is at Supervisor / Team Leader levels. They assist in Green Belt and Black Belt projects as team members.
- Green Belts training is at Middle Management level. Green Belts can assist the Black Belt as team members for data collection and analysis. They can also lead Green Belt (improvement) projects with help of Green Belts and Yellow Belts as team members.
- Black Belts training is at Senior Middle Management level. To qualify as Black Belt, the person has to first qualify as a Green Belt. Black Belts lead (improvement) projects with help of Green Belts and Yellow Belts as team members.
- Master Black Belt training helps the Green Belt & Black Belt Project-leaders by guiding them for the projects as MENTORS.
Champion is a process-owner who is responsible for the process being improved. Mostly he would be a person with good knowledge and experience of the process, often at a HOD level.
4. Do I need any professional degree to become a full-time Six Sigma professional?
No, you don’t need any particular degree to become a certified Six Sigma professional. To get into it all you need is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification without any specific degree course. Anybody can enroll for this course irrespective of their educational background and previous job history. No matter whether you’re a lead manufacturing engineer, a project engineer, a business process analyst or an operating system specialist, you can always kick-start a bright career as a Six Sigma professional or Quality Assurance Manager.
Things to Know about Green Belt Certification
5. How should I start?
First and foremost, you should enroll in the Six Sigma program and complete your Black Belt Certification. It is pre-requisite to get started in an organization in full-time roles. On basis of your interests, you can also opt for Green Belt and Yellow Belt certifications to build skills and learn new techniques with a clear objective to solve all types of real business issues related to quality management by using the Six Sigma concepts.
Six Sigma training is gaining momentum….
If you are worried about the scope of Sigma training, then you must know that Six Sigma is a well-recognized business improvement methodology which every organization implements to improvise market penetration in the industry. It also helps in process improvement, customer satisfaction, quality management and improving organizational speed by eliminating defects.
Till now, top enterprise organizations such as 3M, Amazon.com, Boeing, Dell, and Wipro have already benefited from Six Sigma practices. The demand for certified professionals is gaining momentum and qualifying yourself in the Lean Six Sigma foundational levels will surely help you edge ahead with great hikes in your salary packages.
A BRAND REACHOUT INITIATIVE: This article is written in partnership with Topdistancemba.com – India’s No 1 Distance MBA portal which serves as an essential daily e-platform for Distance MBA Aspirants, Students, and MBA Educators.
For more interesting stories on Six Sigma Certification, White Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Black Belt, Six Sigma Training, Career Goals, Career Planning and Education, keep browsing Insight Glimpse Upskills section.